Village Ice Cream’s Ice Cream Scooper
Village Ice Cream is hiring! We are looking for both part-time and full-time scoopers for all locations. Village Ice Cream is an independently owned, local batch ice cream producer in the heart of Calgary. We use local and organic ingredients whenever we can and we make all of our ice cream right at our shop! On an average day, our scoopers will be listening to some great tunes and scooping up ice cream into home made waffle cones.
- Greet every customer
- Offer customers menu suggestions and samples (yes — as many as they want!)
- Scoop scoops with love
- Keep cool under pressure; our shop can have long lines and be very busy!
- Keep counter, seating, kitchen, and bathroom areas inviting and clean – some elbow grease required!
- Wash ice cream tubs and utensils throughout your shift
- Run register; follow Village’s cash handling procedures
- Continually stock ice cream and sorbet as it’s purchased
- Contribute to Village’s goals for increasing sales and creating loyal customers
- Be a great team member- each of our Villagers are rockstars!
- Likes kids
- Have great communication skills and a professional, friendly attitude
- Have retail or client/customer service experience
- Be 18 or older in order to work some late nights; we’re open until at least 10 PM every night!
- Good music taste required
- Good grades and/or volunteer work or community involvement experience a huge plus
- $12.20/hour starting wage + tips with incremental, merit based raises
- As much ice cream as you can eat
- Career advancement possibilities abound in our growing company!
To apply, please send your COVER LETTER and RESUME to email@example.com and include SCOOPER in the subject line.